A spectacular free event in the heart of Chester!
Stand on Chester’s ancient walls and watch Cavaliers and Roundheads fight as muskets fire, drums sound, swords clash! This family-friendly weekend will see Chester’s English Civil War history come alive as the Sealed Knot re-creates the great siege of 1645/6.
Walk around our encampment, meet the re-enactors, then watch as the armies of King and Parliament battle to decide the city’s fate! The event is free, with great views of the battlefield from the walls around King Charles Tower.
Here’s what will be on offer over the weekend:
- Taking place on Deans Field in the heart of Chester
- Saturday 9th & Sunday 10th August
- Historical camp open from 10am to 5pm
- Spectacular FREE battles at noon and 2pm
- Activities for kids
- Dramatic scenes on Eastgate all weekend
Directions to Deans Field: walk north along the city walls from Eastgate Clock & Cathedral or follow signs down Abbey Street from Northgate Street